Valcom, a leading provider of mass notification systems and products, is expanding its Engineering team! We are looking for embedded hardware design engineers to be members of our innovative team. You will innovate, design, and develop cutting-edge products that make real difference in the safety and security of people’s lives.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Perform design activities focusing on digital and analog microprocessor/embedded systems involving high-speed interfaces such as Ethernet and wireless transceivers, as well as audio, and telco line interfaces.
• Provide product support from design through manufacturing.
• Schematics design, PCB layout, components selection, simulations, and BOM creation.
• Define, direct, and participate in the design verification testing of new products.
• Develop and execute test plans to ensure complete functional coverage. Document test plan results.
• Write test firmware and test scripts.
• Interface with external vendors and internal departments as required to help facilitate the design and implementation of the product from concept to production.
• Provide status reports as directed.
• Perform other additional duties as assigned or required.
• Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to manage priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with programming languages such as Python and C.
• Experience with Linux as a development environment
• Experience with Linux as an embedded operating system
• Experience with schematic capture and PCB design CAD software.
• Experience designing to meet UL, FCC, CE requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with a collaborative style
If you have experience with the below, even better!
• Experience in the wireless industry (LTE-M, Zigbee, Z-Wave, LoRA, SigFox, etc.)
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits to include life, health, disability, dental and vision insurance. Also, matching 401K, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.