* Serious applicants must be professional, organized, a team player and able to multitask with composure and professionalism during stressful and/or emergency situations.
* One year or more Veterinary Assistant or Kennel Assistant experience, computer w/AviMark and inventory/stocking experience preferred.
* Must have basic math skills, have the ability to lift 50 lbs (assisted/without assistance) and be able to stand long periods of time.
* Must be willing and able to handle and properly restrain reptiles, birds and other exotic pets, as well as all breeds of felines and canines
* Must have the ability to ask questions along with great communication and documentation skills, be self-motivated.
* Must be flexible with work hours and able to add hours as needed.
* Must comply with safety regulations and hospital protocols.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): assisting with exam room appointments, assisting Veterinary Technicians with blood draws, lab work, taking x-rays, administering and preparing patient treatments/medications, patient nursing and cage upkeep, patient restraint, surgical prep/post-op and assisting in surgery, maintain & clean treatment areas/inpatient and boarding wards, assist with inventory stocking and medical supply preparation.
Hours to include daytime, evening and some weekends and after-hour emergency, Approximately 25-35 hours.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers