compensation: Dependent upon education/experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Intercept is now hiring Evening Support Counselors and Overnight Support Counselors for our Roanoke location! These positions serve as positive role models for residents to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors. They contribute to the formulation and implementation of the resident transitional living plan and assist with life skills learning, transportation, and administrative duties- all while earning valuable QMHP hours!
1. Use good interpersonal communication skills to gain resident cooperation and resolve resident conflicts. Interact with all residents while maintaining appropriate relationships which do not allow self-disclosure of personal or social information to residents.
2. Provide transportation, accompany, and directly supervise residents on outings, activities and appointments in the community.
3. Guide residents in personal hygiene techniques and the proper care of their condominiums. Assist residents in meal preparation steps. Guide and instruct residents in proper housekeeping and laundry procedures; review completion of weekly chores.
4. Exercise fair, firm and consistent use of behavioral system.
5. Supervise the administration of medications as appropriate.
6. Check each condominium to ensure residents are in by curfew, working, or on an approved pass. Document all incidences in communication log and contact the Life Skills Coach or Program Supervisor. Record accurate and complete information in the resident chart pertaining to: resident behavior, critical incidents, AWOLs, restrictions, unusual sleep patterns, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Evening and Overnight Support Counselors shall have a human service (counseling, psychology, social work, special education) Bachelors degree or a high school diploma with at least one year of experience working with children and/or families. The Program Supervisor shall directly supervise the Evening Support Counselor. If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online at www.interceptyouth.com/careers.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free, smoke-free work environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers