compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and capability. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
**Local Candidates Only**
**Compensation commensurate with experience and capability.**
The largest home builder/growing real estate developer based in Roanoke, VA seeks a high integrity person to be part of our dynamic team as an accounting professional.
Since we were founded, our company has grown tremendously and has completed over 1,700 homes and an array of Multi-Family and Office Building projects.
We are entrepreneurial and enthusiastic and we seek ambitious individuals with high integrity to join our growing and dynamic team. We'd love the opportunity to discuss your new role with the team ASAP.
In addition to collaborating with the team to make a better company, this person will be asked to provide timely and accurate performance of all accounting functions required, including financial statements, payments and accounting for expenses.
The following gives an overview of some of the possible requirements of the job depending on ability and accounting knowledge.
* Prepares financial statements.
* Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
* Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
* Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
* Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and preparing checks.
* Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
* Verifies vendor accounts by reviewing monthly statements and related transactions.
* Maintains historical records by filing documents.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
We prefer the following technical skills:
* Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or ability to become such.
* Ability to become proficient in QuickBooks, Propertyware, or comparable accounting software package; knowledge of multiple enterprise level accounting software packages is a plus.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, and Outlook
Preferred education and experience:
* Two (2) years of accounting experience
* Journal Entry and Balance Sheet Knowledge
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers